Project Wonderful

Monday, April 8, 2013

G.I. Joe - Retaliation


Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
G.I. Joe: Retaliation . . . Now first off I must say I can barely remember anything about the first film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra besides the fact that I did not hate it like most people that I know even though I only saw  it one time. Not remembering it much was not going to stop me from seeing this new movie though especially since you can see my old neighborhood in Slidell, Louisiana in the background of certain scenes. I had it on my movies to see list as soon as I heard about the sequel coming out.

Roadblock
Duke
So the movie is not the greatest movie ever made lets just get that out of the way as to not confuse. What the movie is in my opinion is 100% cartoon with live actors . . . and that makes it great fun. I felt like I was watching a G.I. Joe cartoon with tons of action, ninjas, crazy battles, over the top bad guys and a bunch of good guys that are a bit bigger than life. The movie has a few laughs, Bruce Willis gets most of them and it just works as a summer action shoot 'em up kind of movie that is well worth seeing at least once.

I really enjoy the fact that they do try to keep the costumes close to the cartoon as well. Storm Shadow, Firefly, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Jinx and Roadblock all fit the cartoon character look really well and the others were pretty well done too.

Lady Jaye
This movie is fast paced, lots of action, and not a lot to think about later. It's G.I. Joe like it should be. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet from people I know that have seen it most have told me that it is great. And for the boys out there Adrianne Palickias as Lady Jaye in her red dress scene just may make your heart race a bit . . . but don't worry ladies Channing Tatum is all over this movie and your hearts can pitter patter away as well.

My only complaint about the movie is that Cobra Commander was not really the main bad guy and Zartan was. Not that they did a bad job with it or anything it's just G.I. Joe for me needs a healthy dose of Cobra Commander.

I give this movie a 4 out of 5 stars based on being exactly what I wanted it to be . . . with just a little less Cobra Commander than I wanted. I fully expect a G.I. Joe 3 in the future. Take the kids out to see this one it's got violence of course but it's cartoon violence with little to no blood to be seen and I'd think it'd be okay for probably 8 years old and up with a parent.

Thanks For Reading,
Kevin P. Johnson
Storm Shadow


 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2013 Kevin P. Johnson
Images are copyright © 2013 Hasbro/Paramount Pictures/MGM/di Bonaventura Pictures/Skydance Productions and are used as Fair Use Review images only. Images will be removed upon the request of  Hasbro/Paramount Pictures/MGM/di Bonaventura Pictures/Skydance Productions.

No comments: