Project Wonderful

Friday, May 8, 2009

Blackest Night #0 FREE COMIC BOOK DAY

This image is copyright © 2009 DC Comics and are used as Fair Use Review images only. Image will be removed upon request of DC Comics.


Blackest Night #0 . . . Boy look what have I been missing!

DC Comics are often a bit confusing to me I know a lot of the characters but I don't know a lot of the stories. I've only been reading DC comic books regularly for about three or four years and have long wanted to read Green Lantern but have never been able to fit it into the old budget and for months I have heard how great the title is and all the different color lanterns that are out there and how it just sounds like great fun. I've listened to plenty of podcast's and they seem to drool over the Sinestro Corps and Green Lantern titles and I've missd it all.

Well on FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2009 I knew DC was giving away a the Blackest Night #0 and I figured I'd get it and flip through it and see what it was all about. Geoff Johns' writing was awesome as usual and the art by Ivan Reis blew me away.

Page 4 and 5 stand as my favorite comic book images in quite a while (at least this month) and I absolutely love the colors.

I don't have a clue as to what all these other lanters are about besides the brief review in the back but by the end of it I have put Blackest Night on my DCBS pull list and have began to seek out Green Lantern trades. There are sometimes that you hear about stuff for so long and ignore it for one reason or another but as soon as you get a taste you get hooked . . . I am hooked on the Blackest Night series already and I will somehow have to figure out how to get Green Lantern into my pull list.

-Kevin P. Johnson
Copyright © 2009 Kevin P. Johnson


No comments: