Project Wonderful

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Backing Boards #4 - SPAWN

Spawn #185 came out with the news that Todd McFarlane would be back on the book. Now I have not read Spawn in quite a while #119 was the last issue I bought after a run from #88 -119. I missed out on a lot of Spawn over the years before #88 and after #119 but always wanted to read the entire story. Anyway I heard McFarlane would be on and Whilce Portacio would be penciling and longtime Spawn writer Brian Holguin would be writing along with McFarlane. This seemed like a great team to me. So I got in #185 and on the inside cover it say Todd McFarlane digital inks this made me happy because Todd doesn't do much art anymore (for published comics anyway) so this is a nice thing for me because I always liked his work and will take what I can get.

I read the issue and it was a pretty fast read but eventful and I'm excited to get the next issue. I had heard that this issue was the start of a reboot for Spawn and it would be a great jumping on point so I wasn't worried about being lost or anything (I had a few questions) but it seems like this is going to be a fun comic again. If you have not read Spawn #185 yet I promise you will be blown away by the end of the issue and wondering what's going to happen next.

I'm ready to be a Spawn fan again and as long as Image keeps it coming out every month I'll stay on this book for a while.

- Kevin P. Johnson

Copyright 2008 Kevin P. Johnson

No comments: