Project Wonderful

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Favorite Characters: Spider-Man

Favorite Character: Spider-Man
Real Name: Peter Benjamin Parker
Group Affiliation: The Avengers,New Fantastic Four, New Avengers, Future Foundation
Identity: Secret Citizenship: U.S.A.
Place of Birth: Forest Hills, New York
First Appearance: Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962)
Origin: Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962)

Get all the info on Spider-Man at: SPIDER-MAN 


Spider-Man is my all-time favorite character in comic books . . . I would have to say he's my all time favorite character in everything for that matter. Although he's a superhero I find him to be the most relateable character to myself (no I'm not a superhero).

Spider-Man is one of the most iconic characters in the entire world but has remained one of the few characters that most people could imagine themselves being. I think Peter Parker is such a relateable character because of his supporting cast. A large cast of family, friends, coworkers and villains that Peter has deep emotional attachment to all make Spider-Man  that one guy that you can't help but pull for.

As real as Spider-Man's family and friends seem his villains are so over the top and out there that they can't help but be fun. The Green Goblin, Mysterio, Shocker, Electro, Doctor Octopus, The Lizard and Venom just to name a few have kept Spidey on his toes since 1962.

Spider-Man's costume is a classic amongst all superheroes and even though he's had several  different costumes over the years the blue and red suit always comes back and never goes out of style. Personally the black costume was a shock and the worst thing in the world to me back in 1984 when it first appeared . . . but then it quickly grew on me and has become one of my favorite superhero costumes ever. I have liked most of the Spider-Man costumes that Marvel has presented over the years and white FF costume is a favorite of mine as well but there have been a few stinkers in the mix especially the Silver and Black Spider-Armor costume and the Iron-Spider costume was ok except I hated those metal legs it had.

The best writers and artist in the comics business have worked on the Spider-Man character as well, Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Todd McFarlane, John Romita, and Brian Michael Bendis to name a few have given us great tales of action adventure and even a little romance but the list of creators is long and varied. Even though the best have worked on Spider-Man titles sometimes the stories take a turn that draw people away from the comics. I have never had a problem with the way things go in Spider-Man comics and I generally like the way things happen or at least I figure a reasoning out for myself for the why this or that happened and I can usually accept what has been done and I can carry on.


Spider-Man has teamed-up with just about everyone at some point and fought just as many villains over the years providing non-stop high flying acrobatic action and he usually ends up on the brink of death or worse before he usually pulls out the win in the end. Spider-Man doesn't always win but he does everything possible to be sure not to lose.

Spider-Man my favorite character ever!



Thanks for reading,
Kevin P. Johnson
Copyright © 2013 Kevin P. Johnson
Images are copyright © 1962 - 2013 Marvel Comics are used as Fair Use Review images only. Images will be removed upon the request of Marvel Comics.

No comments: