Project Wonderful

Friday, August 15, 2008

Star Wars: the Clone Wars

This image is copyright © 2008 Lucas Film and is used as Fair Use Review images only.
Image will be removed upon request of Lucas Film, ILM or any other official Star Wars copyright owner.

Well Star Wars: The Clone Wars came out today and (drumroll please) IT WAS A OK (cymbal crash). So I went in not really knowing what to expect from this movie and it gave me plenty of the unexpected. I don't know how well this is going to do in theatres because it is kind of a filler movie and it really doesn't advance the story much but with that being said it was a fun, action packed adventure movie and it looked really good.
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I like all of the movies Episode I - VI as well as the two Clone Wars TV series. The Clone Wars isn't going to be considered the best Star Wars movie but it does give us a great look at some characters that have not had much screen time and a new character Zero The Hutt who is some sort of gay, southern, English speaking, tattooed, Hutt that I nearly peed my pants when I heard him talk.

My only problems with the movie are this:
1 - the voices and the movement of lips really didn't match up well and I kept noticing it...I hope they fix that on the DVD.

2 - I kinda wish I had known what the Sub-Story was (SMALL SPOILER ALERT) was because it was a bit weird. Jabba's baby was kinda hokey but I understand where they are going with it because if there is an Episode VII and beyond this character will be important (I think). I guess if I had paid more attention to the trailers and website I'd have know about it but I didn't want to know much so it would be fun and it really was.

I could watch more Star Wars movies like this but I still want more live action if they are going to make more movies.

Here's to George Lucas!!! I don't care what anyone may say I like what you do my friend!

- Kevin P. Johnson
Copyright © 2008 Kevin P. Johnson





No comments: