Project Wonderful

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013

Me, my art and comics
My ad for Free Comic Book Day

 FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013, SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2013, BSI COMICS, 3030 Severn Ave., Metairie, LA 70002

Saturday was a great day . . . FREE COMIC BOOK DAY is basically geek Christmas. If you don't know what happens you just show show up at a comic book store  on the first Saturday in May and they give you some free comic books.

The last few years I have been one of the guest artist at different shops in my area and this year was really good for sales, it seemed like the customers were a lot more interested in the artist and writers than in the past and I think everyone did well.

So what did I get for free comic book day this year. Well as a guest artist I was able to get more books than the regular customers because I was there before the store opened and the folks handing out the comics said I could take whatever I wanted . . . I call that a perk and I like to have as many as I can get to check out the many different art styles from kids comics to adult comics. A lot of the comic books that I got this year were leftovers from last year that I missed out on . . . that's a win/win situation for me.

Free Comic Books
Here's my list (all 2013 unless noted):
World of Archie Digest #1
Ernest & Rebecca: The Haunted House Mini-Comic (2011)
Johnny Boo & Harold in Tricky Treaters Mini-Comic (2012)
Ghostbusters: Times Square Mini-Comic (2012)
Scouts! Prepare For Adversity: Drafted!/Strawberry Shortcake Mini-Comic (2012)
Cow Boy: Hallow's Mini-Comic (2012)
New Crusaders: Rise of the Heroes Mini-Comic (2012)
Free Comic Books
Zombie Kid Diaries: Grossery Games Mini-Comic (2012)
Spacehawk Mini-Comic (2012)
Snarked Mini-Comic (2012)
Bongo Comics Free-For-All! 2013
Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H./Avengers Assemble
Infinity #1
Judge Dredd Classics
Grimm #0
Top Shelf kids Club 2013
Molly Danger
Free Comic Books
World's of Aspen 2013
NFL Rush Zone
Atomic Robo/Brodie Troll
DC Nation Super Sampler
Bleeding Cool
Bluff & Tales from a Forgotten Planet
Mass Effect/R.I.P.D./ The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys
Valiant 2013
Valiant Masters
Ugly Doll Comics
The Walking Dead
Impact University Volume 2 (2006)
DC Nation Super Sampler (2012)
Superman Last Son of Krypton #1
Kaboom Summer Blast
Drink N Draw Society New Orleans FCBD 2013
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell
Overstreet's Comic Book Marketplace
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: New Animated Adventures
The Strangers
The Steam Engines of Oz #1 (2012)
Spongebob Freestyle Funnies
Mega Man/Sonic The Hedgehog Worlds Collide: Prelude #0
The Smurfs
Star Wars/Avatar The Last Airbender
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Halloween Edition #1 (2012)
Sesame Street/Strawberry Shortcake

That's a pretty big haul . . . I plan on doing reviews of as many of them as I can.

Below are some sketch covers that I had for sale (didn't sell them) and a few pictures and sketches that I did for people at the event.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin P. Johnson

Copyright © 2013 Kevin P. Johnson

Hellcat Sketch Cover by Kevin P. Johnson 2013

The Thing Sketch Cover by Kevin P. Johnson 2013
Superman Sketch Cover by Kevin P. Johnson 2013


Venom Sketch Cover by Kevin P. Johnson 2013

Dazzler Sketch Cover by Kevin P. Johnson 2013

Young Comic Book Fans

Girl with Poison Ivy sketch

Lewis Aleman and Comic Book Fans
Me Sketch Cover by Tim Fletcher

Poison Ivy sketch by Kevin P. Johnson 2013

Outback sketch by Kevin P. Johnson 2013

Tattoo Kid

Red Hood


No comments: