Project Wonderful

Friday, May 1, 2009

NOLA Comic-Con 2009 Review

Well last Saturday was the NOLA Comic-Con 2009 and it was a nice event. I was there promoting Strange City Heroes my webcomic/print comic. I took a few pictures and they can be found on the NOLA Comic-Con 2009 page. The convention was small but nice probably 600 people showed up and the age old saying that kids and women don't read comics is a falsehood. There were kids of all ages there and beautiful women all buying comic books . . . as well as all the boys. This was my first convention and it had its successes and failures but it was a good experience and I hope to do more of them. The highlight of the day was meeting Dave Pirner of the band Soul Asylum and having him buy my comics and ask me for my autograph.

The show was put on by Media Underground Comics , with several other dealers from the area including Magic Comics and Hobbies , Louisiana Doubleplay and from beyond the grave Crescent City Comics were there.

Mass Casualty Comics came and put on a great horror makeup display as they had people walking around bloodied and gross and they said it smelled like cinnemon.

The 501st Legion of Baton Rouge Redstick Rebellion, LA was there and had many awesome Star Wars costumes to display. And the characters walked around in full costume taking pictures with everyone and just being awesome.

Next year the show will probably be bigger and better I can't wait I hope they do this every year. Next year I hope to get to shop.

Kevin P. Johnson
Copyright © 2009 Kevin P. Johnson

No comments: